Post by Sherry Wyatt - SBNA Chair 6/15/17
Thanks to everyone that participated in the recent Neighborhood Garage Sale.
Reminder: The dumpster will be available at the end of Shepard Blvd through Sunday, June 18th and will be pulled on Monday, June 19th. Please use this for household items, yard waste - no appliances, tires or toxic waste.
News: The former BeeLine service station has been purchased by a local business. The building will be demolished and replaced by a one-story brick building that will house an engineering firm. We are working with the owners to keep the mail box at it current location.
If the mailbox remains, we will work with the Postal Service to have the Mailbox ADA compliant, so one does not have to get out of a vehicle to post mail.
1) Please plan on attending the upcoming Neighborhood Picnic - Saturday, August 12 at 6PM at Shepard Park. Bring side dishes and table service. The SBNA will provide the meat for the meal.
2) Please report any issues such as vandalism, vehicle break-ins, suspicious activities to SNBA officer(s) so a notice can be sent to neighbors. We want to keep our neighborhood safe and in good repair.
3) Annual dues of $5/household can be dropped by Julia Helvey's home or mailed to her at 908 Shepard Court....or dropped by Sherry Wyatt's home at 1002 Danforth Drive (Julie is out of commission for a few weeks)
What issues SBNA is working on currently:
1) Mail box at former BeeLine Station (see above)
2) Speed evaluation by City of Columbia
3) Possibility of joining (either officially or unofficially) Moon Valley and Shepard Blvd NAs
All for now.
See you around the neighborhood!